By getting involved in our fundraising efforts, you have the power to create a monumental impact! Your actions will not only provide vital resources and support, but they will also shape the future of thousands of disadvantaged children worldwide.
The more widespread our reach, the more impact we can make TOGETHER!
JCD was founded in 1947 in the aftermath of the Holocaust. Its initial aim was to support children across the world who had endured the decimation of their communities and displacement during the Second World War. JCD began as one day of the year – the first Sunday of Chanukah when funds raised, were shared between organisations helping to settle children in Israel as well as supporting Jewish refugees in the UK. However, in the years that followed, the needs of deprived Jewish children grew, and Jewish Child’s Day became a full year venture supporting children every day.
Jewish Child’s Day (JCD) is the UK’s leading grant giving Jewish charity.
We have been transforming the lives of children in need around the world for 76 years.
Today we offer support to over 25,000 children worldwide: Organisations turn to us to support children who are suffering from physical, learning or emotional difficulties; children who are abused, neglected, deprived or disadvantaged; children caught up in the ravages of terrorism and war; children caught in the poverty trap and children battling against severe illness or trauma. With the current economic climate, worldwide, our funding and support are required more than ever before.
We work closely with organisations around the world to identify funding requirements and to ensure that the grants we award go to supporting children and young people who need it most.
Since its inception JCD has provided life-changing grants to organisations, supporting over 1.5 million children. Through our work we instil the strong values of Tzedakah across our community outreach programmes to nurseries, schools, shuls and Cheders. JCD reinforces that introducing children to JCD at a young age is vital as this ensures empathy and compassion: Fundraising teaches children a deeper understanding of the needs and struggles of others and it opens their eyes to the world around them.
There are plenty ways to fundraise for children in need.
Here you can find some great ideas that we thought of … or find your inner creativity to think up other ways of supporting 1000’s Jewish children in need worldwide!
Schools & Cheders
- Dress up in blue for the day and donate £2.
- Host a Cake-Bake Sale in school and sell your baked goods.
- Sponsored challenge in the school playground.
- Wash the teachers’ cars.
- School talent show or concert.
- Walk-a-thon around the playground or playing fields.
- Organise a school disco.
- Sponsored Silence.
- Poetry competition.
- Design a school cookbook and people donate their recipes.
- Mad hair or hat day-or dress down day.
- Parent’s sports day challenge
- Hill walk or Hike – organise a sponsored walk or hike up a hill or mountain.
- Hill Run – like a hike but running!!
- Abseil or Zip Line!
- Park Run – sign up for a national event and fundraise for JCD.
- Tough Mudder events.
- Charity camping trip.
- City walks or hop on hop off bus ride around the city challenge.
- Cycle challenge – multi-day tour or long-distance ride.
- Sponsored swim.
- Triathlon – cycle, swim & run.
- Game console challenges.
- Fire walk.
- Host a Shabbat dinner or Sunday brunch.
- Sell your old clothes on-line with proceeds to JCD.
- Host an afternoon tea or brunch.
- Help with money box collections on the day.
- Sponsored fun run or walk.
- Dog walking, car washing or gardening for your neighbours.
- Garage Sale.
- 5-aside football or netball competition.
- Host a film and popcorn night.
- Lego challenge.
We would love you to get involved and participate in our ‘Jewish Child’s Day of Giving’ national event.
Our team will be here to support you along the way and provide you with all the relevant marketing material. Please contact us to find out how you can get involved: email@example.com or 020 8446 8804
Women’s Nearly New Sale
On Sunday 10th December, as part of Jewish Child’s Day National Day of Giving, the JCD team will be hosting a ‘Women’s Nearly New Sale’.
By donating your ‘Nearly New’ pre-loved clothes & accessories we will find a new home for them and with the funds, we can transform the lives of more disadvantaged children worldwide.
Call us on 020 8446 8804 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will come and collect your items.