Health & Safety Policy
Jewish Child’s Day (‘JCD’) is a charity registered in England and Wales with registration number 1195764 and is situated at Elscot House, Arcadia Avenue, London, N3 2JU.
The purpose of this policy
JCD is committed to the health and safety of all of those working for and with us and of our service users, those who attend and participate in events and the public.
Some of our events and activities are run in partnership or in conjunction with other organisations, including schools and event venues. In addition, our office space is rented and situated in a building shared with other organisations. We accordingly work with these other organisations to help protect the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, service users and others and expect them to maintain appropriate policies in this regard.
This policy is designed to:
- prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
- maintain safe and healthy working conditions and manage risks in the workplace
- provide clear instructions, information and adequate training, to ensure employees and volunteers are competent to do their work or the tasks assigned to them
- provide personal protective equipment if necessary
- consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
- provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
- ensure safe handling and use of substances
- implement emergency procedures, including evacuation in case of fire or other significant incident
- review and revise this policy regularly
- where any of the above rely on other parties for the provision of healthy and safe conditions, equipment, adequate emergency procedures or similar, to ensure that these are so provided and all relevant instructions are made clear and accessible to our staff, volunteers and service users.
Responsibility for health and safety
JCD’s trustees will keep this policy under review and have appointed the following members of staff to have day to day responsibility for health and safety matters:
- Principal Safeguarding Officer: Maxine Elias, 07989 558 238, 020 8203 2779 email@example.com
- Deputy Safeguarding Officer: Anthea Jackson, 07823880257, 020 8446 8804, firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions or concerns should be addressed to them in the first instance.
Key responsibilities are to:
- To ensure that adequate risk assessments are undertaken for events, whether by JCD, by another appropriate party, such as an event venue or school, or collectively by JCD with such other parties;
- To consult with staff, volunteers and others in order to manage risks or to address concerns that may have arisen;
- To ensure that the matters referred to above, numbered 1-10, are implemented and kept under review.
All staff and volunteers are expected to:
- Co-operate with supervisors and managers on health and safety matters;
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety; and
- Report all health and safety concerns to an appropriate person (as detailed above).